Thursday 14 May 2020

Handy Hooks!

Handy Hooks!
In class we have been learning about persuasive writing. One of the key features for any piece of writing is a "hook". 
A hook is an introduction to the writing that leaves the reader intrigued and wanting to know more...
We had to arrange some introduction starters in the most effective hook (the top) and the least effective hook (the bottom).
Here are my rankings:






Our teacher taught us never to start a speech with "Hello my name is "blah blah" and today I will talk to you about......
We should try to start it off with something that will engage the reader like a joke or a rhetorical question.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Blake,I'm Heidi from St Patrick's school in Greymouth
    I like the way that you have explained hooks to keep the reader reading.Your idea's for this are really good.
    Keep it up!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Blake I like how you explain what you did
    from Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi blake, great job with your blog post. I really liked how you described what a hook is. Maybe next time you could ask what other things that they think can hook people in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job Blake is there anything else you can add? other then that I like how you explained it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job blake! I do agree that asking a question and sharing an experience is definitely a really good way to hook your ready. great job!

    ReplyDelete