Thursday 15 October 2020

Lazy Days At Lake Ngatu

Lazy Days At Lake Ngatu


During the holidays I did very little.

My most prominent memory being the time I spent with Ryan. On the 5th of October I ventured to Ryan's house. The decision to stay overnight wasn't the initial plan but after bargaining with my dad, he let me stay.

Soon after I arrived we set off on our adventure to Lake Ngatu. We splashed and crashed in the crystal clear water and had a blast. The contest was on to see who was brave enough to completely submerge them self. That title fell upon Ryan’s little brother, Liam.


When we had had enough, we dried ourselves, hopped in the car and off we went. We eagerly waited for our mid-journey pit stop, THE ICE CREAM SHOP!!! I quickly lapped up my double scoop of chocolate, creamy goodness as Ryan struggled to keep his caramel fudge off of his face. After we had finished our treats, we set off on the final leg of our journey,-home. 


When we arrived home I instantly got out of my damp clothes into some fresh ones. Me and Ryan met up in the living room and made the executive decision to play some video games. This decision was a long lasting one. We played video games until we were kicked off by the arrival of Ryan’s grandfather. We waited patiently for dinner to be ready and with a loud yell by Ryan’s mother, the feast was acclaimed. We had crispy sausages and creamy, cloud like mashed potatoes. After finishing our food we collapsed into our chairs, our bellies full. We both got straight on our devices and started watching our favourite Content Creators.


As time passed, Ryan’s grandfather left, his brother went to bed, and we were the last men standing. We settled into the air-beds that were set up in the lounge and turned on the TV. Instantly we turned to each other with excitement in our eyes. “Peppa Pig” we said in unison. With the press of a few buttons, Peppa Pig was displayed on the large screen in front of us. We sat there, watching Peppa Pig until midnight. 


The next morning, I was collected by my dad at the break of dawn. The journey home was short and sweet. At last, we had arrived.

I was happy to be home but also sad to have left Ryan’s house. My cat greeted me with a loud “Meowwwwww”.

I unpacked my bags and hopped straight on the ps4 to play with the boys. 


The rest of my holidays were pretty much the same as my last paragraph. Lots of gaming and relaxing with my family.

All and all I had a great holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment